Tiger Cubs Migrate into Herrin High

Tiger Paws Learning Lab Opens its doors to a new class of Pre-K students.

Article, Kaytlon Richardson, Editor

It’s the time of year for our little ones to come experience what it’s like to be in the big world!

Tiger Paws is coming to a start beginning on October 2, 2017. Director, Mrs. George has spent the first few weeks of school getting her student teachers ready to teach the little ones and experience the joy of helping them learn. Mrs. George says she is expecting to see a great group of preschoolers grow and learn at the reigns of capable and knowledgeable juniors and seniors at HHS.

When asked Mrs. George said what she most looks forward to and is excited about is, “to see growth with our preschoolers, but am excited to see our high school student teachers take on the role of working professionals with great responsibility. Tiger Paws provides a one of a kind experience to those interested in the education field. I recommend all who are interested in this career field to consider taking Tiger Paws!”

Senior student teacher, Laurie Smith said that she is expecting lots of smiles, and  she is most excited to see all of their curious faces as she teaches them lessons.

We are looking forward to seeing what the year of Tiger Paws brings to us and we are also excited to see all of the beautiful children’s faces everyday!