One…Two…Three…FORE!

HHS Golf Team

Logan+Craft+

Logan Craft

Article, Parker Barden, Writer/Photographer

The golf teams are led by Coach Ewell and Coach Frankel. With golf being one of the most expensive sports, it takes a truly dedicated player to start and continue playing. Golf clubs can cost up to five-hundred dollars a piece, so you have to be serious, talented, and passionate about it. The coaches have a deep passion for the sport of golf, and with approximately ten people on each team, they are hoping that the upcoming freshmen will offer a growth in the popularity of the sport.

Coach Ewell is disheartened that he is seeing golf starting to slowly fade away as a school sport. “The team is like a large family. They love to tease and joke around. If one falls, someone is behind to catch them,” Ewell says. 

The teams have had a slow start, but as the season progresses the stroke count is decreasing drastically.

At times players have a bad habit of getting into a rut, they shut off for a few holes, or the rest of the match because of a few bad strokes. They become way too hard on themselves,teammates help to lift those spirits.

Similar to other sports, golf is heavily dependent on your mentality. If you believe in yourself and in your team, you can do amazing things.

Almost all players are presumed to head to state together. Whenever the boys and girls head to the state tournament, they will go in with high heads and be prepared for the greens ahead of them.  

Be on the lookout for more golf updates in mid-October.

If anyone is interested in golf next year, contact Mr. Ewell or Mrs. Frankel.