Your 2023 Homecoming Queen

Kami Ashmore has been crowned Herrin High School’s 2023 Homecoming Queen.
Our lovely Queen, Kami Ashmore (12).
Our lovely Queen, Kami Ashmore (12).
Photography, French Studio

Herrin High School is proud to present this years homecoming queen…Kamilah Louise Ashmore! On Thursday, September 21, 2023 Kamilah was elected homecoming queen, succeeding last year’s queen, Jenna Sissom. Miss Sissom had a striking pink dress on and was escorted by senior Ja’kai Vaughn.

The beautiful Maid of Honor, Cameran Gwaltney (12). (Photography, French Studio)

Cameran Bonnie Gwaltney was elected maid of honor and looked stunning in her emerald green, one-shouldered, floor length dress, walking down the red carpet escorted by Jonathan Harrison. Their fellow queen candidates were Katelyn Grace Biley and Piper Price, who were escorted by Luke Hatley and Dawson Matier, respectively. The queen herself was escorted by Noah Mason and looked gorgeous in her sparkling, black, strapless, floor-length dress.  She was honored to be queen and felt “great” to be there.  She was “really happy” with her position while her maid of honor said her position means “a lot” and she was feeling “really good” having not expected the outcome.

The overall atmosphere of the coronation was dramatic, climactic, and absolutely remarkable; a truly fantastic representation of the hollywood homecoming theme. And now, some information on our queen. Kamilah is daughter of Brock and Melissa Ashmore. She is 17 years old, and from Herrin, Illinois. She is a part of Rotary Club, Fellowship of Christian Athletes, Student Government, Pep Club, Cheer, and the Track team. Mr. Pappenfuss is the teacher who she believes influences her most, because he’s “dependable and always there” for her. Her favorite part of homecoming is dressing up for Spirit Week. After high school she plans to attend college and obtain a Masters Degree in nursing, specializing in obstetrics and pediatrics with an interest in becoming a Nurse Midwife. She is incredibly happy to play a part in the experience and is enjoying her royalty at Herrin High School.