I Don’t Like It, I Love it

Local Herrin High students jam out at the DuQuoin State Fair concerts.
Concertgoers dance on the stage with Flo Rida.
Photography, Unknown

Last weekend many Herrin High students spent their free time at the DuQuoin State Fair, or more specifically, many people went to see the music artists performing there.

The DuQuoin State Fair hosted many talented artists this year for their shows– varying from ice skaters to comedians. Among them were Fairytales on Ice, Carly Pearce, Randy Houser, Larry the Cable Guy, and Flo Rida, among many others. The many different types of shows attracted diverse crowds to the fair.  Among them were a great number of students from Herrin High School.

One performance that many students went to see was a concert put on by Flo Rida. Flo Rida is a popular rapper responsible for big hits such as “Low,” “My House,” and “Club Can’t Handle Me.” Some even had the opportunity to go up on stage and sing during the performance. Piper Price, a senior, was one of the lucky people who got to share the stage with Flo Rida. She said that her favorite part was when she “got up on stage and sang into the mic.”

Piper was not the only person from Herrin High to go see the concert, Konnor Doughty (12) also attended. He too was able to go up on stage and sing.  He said that his favorite part was when he and all his friends “went on stage to sing the song Low.” Price said that her favorite song that was played was “My House,” while on the other hand, Doughty’s was “Club Can’t Handle Me.”

Both Doughty and Price said they would love to go see a concert at the DuQuoin State Fair again next year if they were given the chance, as they had the time of their lives this year.

1
View Comments (1)