The Student News Site of Herrin High School
STUDENT+SPOTLIGHT

STUDENT SPOTLIGHT

Senior, Madeline Oxendine.

April 22, 2020

Madeline Oxendine is a senior who has gone above and beyond academically at Herrin High. Oxendine has participated in Scholastic Bowl, FBLA, ACES, Band, Rotary Interact Club, Student Government, the yearly musicals and Math Team. Not only has she engaged in all of these activities, but she has also excelled at them. Oxendine is a National Honor Society member, Illinois State Scholar, received second place in English fro ACES Regionals both her junior and senior years, won first place for the Presentation Team in the Math Team Regionals and for the category Future Business Leader at FBLA Regionals and is a Miss HHS Nominee.

Athletically, Oxendine competed in archery.

After her high school career is over, Oxendine plans to study at Murray State University to become a high school English teacher.

Most out of all the experiences she has had at Herrin High, Oxendine’s favorites are the football and basketball games, band concerts, English classes, lunch in the band room, or at Scholar Bowl practice and making life-long friendships.

To keep busy during the stay-at-home order, Oxendine has been making sure to complete her homework, reading books, watching Netflix, and also running on her treadmill. Missing schools and friends is her biggest time consumer.

During this quarantine, Oxendine has and will be missing students and faculty such as Ms. Hickman, Mr. Lewis, Ms. Beyer, Mr. Harlow, Ms. Gross, Mrs. Helfrich, Mrs. Williams, Ms. Frankel, Ms. Bonifield, Mr. Pappenfuss, Shanie May, Kaitlyn Rutherford, Ashton Hawk, Jillian Dix, Gabby Jones, Allison Owens, Shelby Zinsmaster, Kelsey King, Carsyn Berry, Molly Childers and Maddie Thompson to name a few. 

The involvement in her classes, “ senior lasts”, summer sports events, Honors Night and Mr. and Miss HHS voting will be the moments she misses the most.

Madeline Oxendine is the most true and honest person, a loyal friend and a genuine lover of learning.

Tiger Tattler • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

Comments (0)

Comments are welcome; but hateful, degrading, or unnecessary comments will not be approved.
All Tiger Tattler Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *