Tiger Tattler

Student of the Month

Back to Article
Back to Article

Student of the Month

The November students of the month, Kagney Zimmer (12) and Mitchell Brandon (10).

Photography, Olyvia Englans

Photography, Olyvia Englans

Photography, Olyvia Englans

Olyvia England, Writer, Photographer

Student of the month is a title given to two students who exceed academically and also who involve themselves in our community. This month’s chosen students are sophomore Mitchell Brandon and senior Kagney Zimmer.

Kagney and Mitchel were asked what college they are going to/want to attend. Kagney said she would like to go to SIU. Mitchell said, “I have a few in mind. Jacob’s School of Music, The University of Texas in Austin, may begin at SIU.”

They were then asked what they wanted to be when they grew up. Kagney wants to be a psychologist. Mitchell said, “ As of now I want to get my Phd in music education with a focal point of piano, and one day become a piano professor.”

Next, they were asked what clubs/sports they are a part of and for how long have they been apart of them. Kagney said, “ I have been in band and art for eight years.” Mitchell said,  “I’ve been in Drama Club for two years, French Club for one year, Student Government for one year, Student Chamber for one year, Scholar Bowl for two years, and Band for five years.”

They were then asked what motivates them to get good grades. Kagney said, “ I like having money. So good job, good grades.” Mitchell said, “ My parents always taught me to strive for the best in everything I do.”

Next they were asked what teacher/staff member motivates them the most. Kagney said, “MRS. LOYD!!” Mitchell said, “ A lot of my teachers and staff members have motivated me.  I think the smiling faces of all the teachers and staff have given me the motivation to push through my difficult assignments. I am not sure I could pick just one, but I am sure it is their smiling faces that motivate me to do my best.”

Lastly, they were asked what their biggest goal was before they graduated. Kagney said, “I want to be able to finish all of my art projects.” Mitchell said, “ To simply enjoy this crazy roller coaster we call high school, because we only have four years to make the best of it.”

These two intelligent students deserve what they have achieved. Anyone else reading this could too with the right attitude! Make those grades, have outstanding attendance, and strive to be the best!