STUDENT SPOTLIGHT

SENIOR: Tyler Dunfee

Tyler+Dunfee

Tyler Dunfee

Tyler Dunfee is a senior in the class of 2020 at HHS. He participated on the Math Team for three years and played on the boy’s bowling team. During these seasons, he placed first on the Algebra 1 team at SEMO and won honorable mention at CMFD his sophomore year. In his freshman year, his team won regionals and individually won JV High Game and JV High Series at Salem. During his sophomore year, his team won the Carterville and Herrin Invites. Individually, he won 3rd High Series Boys’ Silver Division at Belleville. His junior year, his team won the Herrin Invite, 2nd place at Salem, the Harrisburg Invite, 2nd place at Belleville, the Carterville Invite, and regionals. He individually won 2nd at Herrin, 4th High Series at Salem, 2nd High Game and 5th High Series at Belleville, and advanced to the state championship. He was also named Bowler of the Year and Athlete of the Month twice. In his senior year, his team won Collinsville, Salem, O’Fallon, Carterville, regionals, sectionals, and finished 12th at state. The team also placed 2nd at Herrin, Harrisburg, and Belleville. They plan to advance to nationals in June. Individually, he placed 4th place at Herrin, 3rd at Collinsville, and 2nd High Game at Salem. 

After high school, Dunfee plans to bowl for McKendree and pursue a bachelor’s degree in Math. 

Dunfee’s favorite aspects of high school have been PE basketball, bowling matches, bowling tournaments, his teammates, and his lunch hour. 

During quarantine, Dunfee has been doing his online schoolwork, working on scholarships, working out, doing yard work, playing video games, and getting lots of rest. 

Dunfee will miss his friends, Dylan and Jackson Vancil, and his teachers, Mr. Harlow and Mr. Hall. He will also miss basketball, bowling practice, scholarship night, and graduation. 

**Disclaimer: All information has been provided by the showcased individual.