Time to say our goodbyes

Graduation is coming up. There is so much to do in so little time! Graduation will be held on May 19th, in the high school gym at 5:00 P.M.  Project Graduation will be held afterwards at the high school from 11 P.M. to 6 A.M.

The senior class has persisted through four long years of hard work at Herrin and it is finally coming to an end. Some are moving on to college while others seek a future elsewhere. These four years have been filled with stress, deadlines, paper cuts, and some rock hard calves from walking up all of the stairs.  Friend groups will split and individuals will go their separate ways on their path to adulthood. Teachers have prepared the senior class as well as they are able for the future and had encouraged them to do great things. As the school year comes to an end the seniors would like to thank every person influential to their decisions after high school – teachers, parents, and friends. When asking senior Alyssa Wyatt how she feels about leaving she said ” I’m excited to move on to college because now I will have some semblance of control over how I spend my days in class. Instead of being in a building for eight hours, I will get to roam campus and take breaks between classes.” And at once, it is time to say our goodbyes.