Tiger Tattler

Record Breaking Season!

Football

Jordan Blake, Writer

The football team finished their dominant season on November 11, 2017 after an amazing 14 week season.

The Tigers went 8-1 in regular season; losing only once against the DuQuoin Indians, gaining the Tigers a home field advantage for the first round of playoffs. The Tigers easily grabbed the conference championship for the 4th consecutive year.

Taking on the Paris Tigers in first round of playoffs, the Herrin Tigers destroyed with a final score of 63 -28. With the entire town in Herrin packed into the football stadium, excitement was in the air.  With almost the entire town packed into the football stadium, the tigers put on a show and won the first round.

During the second round of playoffs the Tigers kept their home field advantage and squared up against the Tolono Unity Rockets. Once again the Tigers took down their enemy with a final score of 33-18.

As the Tigers traveled to Rochester for the quarterfinals (3rd round), emotions were high and nerves were peaked. For student, Sophia Davie, this game was stressful to watch but was a great experience to see the school come together to cheer on the our boys. With tears in the players eyes and pride in the coaches hearts, the Herrin Tiger football team for the 2017 season closed the book on a whirlwind of awesome.

Congratulations to the Herrin Tiger football team for their record breaking season.

The Tiger Tattler staff captured a few thoughts and emotions from head coach, Jason Karnes and a team captain, Kyle Matuszcak before they headed to their final game. Press play to view.